[Gambas-devel] Function Signature

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Wed Feb 15 23:12:57 CET 2012

Hi,

I am having trouble writing the proper function signature for a function
that passes an array of floats. I have look ad the GL class of the OpenGl
component as it seems to pass a lot of array as matrices. Something I will
be doing shortly with Polynomials.

I have the function:

BEGIN_METHOD(GslPoly_Eval, GB_OBJECT array; GB_FLOAT x;)

I have the following declaration in the class desc struct:

GB_METHOD("Eval", "f", GSLPOLY_Eval, "(a)Float[](x)f")

This does not work but if I swap the order of the arguments then it works.
What am I missing and do you know of a good text on writing proper
signatures for Gambas and/or C.

Thanks again for your help!

--
If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will