[Gambas-devel] My first attempts to extend GL and GLU components.

Mon Jul 4 23:03:58 CEST 2011

On 07/04/2011 08:28 AM, Tomek wrote:
> Hello to all Hero Programmers!
> Since I got intersted in OpenGL programming in Gambas, I begun to search for source files and add some functions I felt I could use.
> I'm not a C programmer, I just understand some code, so using analogy I tried to attach Evaluators to GL. It works ok, but my question is if copying the array and then pointing to it is the only method to pass a pointer to the array from gambas to library? It slows down the process greatly. I would be really happy if someone could point me to some documentation about how the combination of Gambas and C works in components.
> I attach my files and chcnaged GL.c file, so you can evaluate them, little Bezier curve project and please don't be too harsh on me, I'm just a beginner :)

Hi Tomek, that is some very good news.

I'm considering changing the code for my project to use OpenGL instead
of SDL and just saw that GLU is now a component of gb3. Being that I
don't know anything about OpenGL, GLU would probably be a lot easier to
learn. I noticed there is no component documentation for it. Is the spec
completely implemented and just not documented yet?

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues