[Gambas-devel] Problems with GLIBC

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 13 11:24:49 CEST 2010

> Hi Benoit.
>
> I've been shooting in the dark during this last month due to GLIBC.
>
> If I compile in Ubuntu 10.04 gbx2 and run in Ubuntu 9.04,I have the
> problem that ld-linux.so not find the version 2.11.
>
> In other distributions (eg Fedora) also the same thing happens.

Do you have an error message?

> The main problem for example in Ubuntu, is that there is no more
> variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Where did you read that? I see it in my Ubuntu 10.04 there. Type "man ld.so".

> It indicates that it is better to create an entry in ld.so.conf when
> installed programs that require special routes shared libraries.
>
> Others say it is giving the path to compile the libraries at the time of
> linking.
>
> I found this site where they explain how to bind an older version of
> glibc to an executable.
> http://www.eall.com.br/blog/?p=66

What does not work with the solution explained on that site? It seems
perfect...

> The variable GB_DIR, what is its scope?

What do you mean by "scope"? GB_DIR is an environmental variable that tells
the interpreter where Gambas is installed, and so where it must look for the
components libraries. The IDE uses it too indirectly to search for other
Gambas files (control icons, component and class descriptions).

Benoît Minisini