[Gambas-devel] Problems with GLIBC

craf prog at ...657...
Fri Sep 10 21:14:00 CEST 2010

Hi Benoit.

I've been shooting in the dark during this last month due to GLIBC.

If I compile in Ubuntu 10.04 gbx2 and run in Ubuntu 9.04,I have the
problem that ld-linux.so not find the version 2.11.

In other distributions (eg Fedora) also the same thing happens.

The main problem for example in Ubuntu, is that there is no more
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

It indicates that it is better to create an entry in ld.so.conf when
installed programs that require special routes shared libraries.

Others say it is giving the path to compile the libraries at the time of
linking.

I found this site where they explain how to bind an older version of
glibc to an executable.
http://www.eall.com.br/blog/?p=66

The variable GB_DIR, what is its scope?

I wonder if you could tell me if my point is feasible, or am I just
flying blind.

Please, do not bother for my questions so basic. ;=)

Regards.

Cristian Abarzua F.