[Gambas-devel] 2-2.21.0: QT ComboBox loses .Text value upon execution

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 30 20:15:05 CEST 2010

> If you have a list of items in the ComboBox but have set the .Text property
> to a value other than the first one in the list, this value is lost and the
> first value in the list is used when the program is run.
>
> An example is a ComboBox with the values:
>
> 0
> 1
> 3
> 7
>
> If you set the .Text property to 7 and run the program, the ComboBox shows
> a value of 0. The GTK ComboBox works fine.
>
> -----
> Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
> www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
> e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...590... sales at ...590...
> phone: (770) 853-6271

I think I see: the Text property is set before the List property, so the "7"
value does not exist at the moment Text is set.

As a workaround, set the Text property during the Open event, or inside the
form constructor.

And it's strange: I have the bug both with gb.qt and gb.gtk. Can you check
again that?

And I will see if I find a fix for that problem...

Benoît Minisini