[Gambas-devel] gb3 editor anomalies - a possible explanation

richard terry rterry at ...627...
Fri Jan 8 22:05:07 CET 2010

On Friday 08 January 2010 21:06:00 Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't provide you with an example that reproduces
> these problems because they occur in the IDE editor when editing code
> and they appear to be random.
>
> spurious1.png, spurious2.png, and spurious3.png all show extraneous
> text that did not exist in the code until I pasted text elsewhere into
> the editor. I am convinced that in all cases and without exception,
> the Find/Replace window has been visible, as shown in spurious4.png,
> however I cannot tie this issue down.
>
> In spurious3.png, the code marked in red had a line exactly like those
> two marked in blue. The code read like this:
>
> Case mConst.QH_REPLYTO_MID
>
> However some unknown action caused the above to be replaced with the
> text shown in the image (spurious3.png). I did not make the
changesrterry at ...627...
> shown in any of the images. As I said, in all cases where this has
> happened, the Find/Replace window has been visible. That is the only
> thing I can point to as consistent with this issue occurring.
>
> There are also other anomalies in the gb3 editor. I like to use the
> vertical split view when tracing a code problem but I cannot use it
> because the text in the lower half of the split view gets horribly
> confused. It's as if there are hidden backspace characters in the text
> so that when you cursor right, the insertion point goes left.
>
> I have witnessed these behaviours in three clean installs of Ubuntu
> 9.10 with qt4 installed, and in Linux UE 2.5. As with the first
> problem, I can offer no definitive examples to reproduce this issue.
>
> Since I can't reproduce the problem this is a heads up for you to
> alert you that something isn't right.

How about his as a explanation. On my linux the mouse scroll button is also a
paste button.

I've noticed that if I use the scroll bar on the mouse to scroll down the
gambas IDE, then sometimes I get large numbers of 'pasting' into my code just
like your pictures (ie I put too much pressure on the mouse wheel).

I reckon its the fact that depressioning the middle mouse button is a paste
action.

I just scroll using the scroll bars and it dosn't happen.

Regards

Richard