[Gambas-devel] Gambas deploy with crosscompiler.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Feb 1 14:17:00 CET 2010

> Hi to All.
>
> I'm writing to you to tell an issue that I had when I tried to port
> gambas on my embedded arm system:
>
> Usually On Embedded system linux based, I have not a compiler that run
> on target but It's used a crosscompiler that runs on PC and produce
> executable for the embedded system.
>
> For the gambas Installation I can run without problem the steps
> "./configure" and "make".
> When I run make install the procedure exit with error, because ( I think
> ) the installation script try to execute the gambas compiler that it's
> not for PC architecture.

The compiler is compiled for ARM during the "make" step, and installed during
"make install" before anything that needs it. So you should not have any
problem.

Please provide the full output of ./configure, make and make install, and
please tell which distribution you run on the ARM.

Benoît Minisini