[Gambas-devel] Well, I think it's a good change...

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Nov 30 13:04:10 CET 2009

2009/11/30 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> G'day,
>>
>> I implemented a change in the gambas2 IDE. I have two questions:
>>
>> 1) Do you want it?
>> 2) If so, how do I get it to you?
>>
>> The tab implements the X11 colour names. Duplicate colour values have
>> been removed.
>>

> Wouldn't it better to implement such a thing into the gb.form ColorChooser
> control directly?

HA! I was hoping you'd say that.

> It is more difficult, as you must find a GUI that is not too
> disturbing. But all programs choosing color will benefit from this -

That was my thought too.

> Even if personnaly,
> I've never used X11 colour names in my entire life. :-)

I use X11 colour names in the format presented by the pngs I attached
because, to me, the whole structure is artistic, attractive, and
provides a better view of what to expect from various colour choices.
X11 names offer a much nicer user experience, IMO.

Between you and me, don't tell anyone, please, I'm all for the best
possible user experience.

> And, more important, you should better develop on Gambas 3 than Gambas 2. I
> mean, I won't merge a change in Gambas 2 if I don't have the equivalent for
> Gambas 3.

> If you agree, tell me, I will grant you a write access to the svn repository.

I gave g3 away because it seemed too unstable for what I want to achieve.

However that said, I'll look at pulling in the g3 source and seeing
what I can do with gb.form for both versions. At this stage, I will
decline the offer of write access to svn on the grounds that I want to
establish a genuine trust first. I would be pleased if you offer me
write access based on my efforts, not just on the agreements I can
make.

Besides that, being new to Linux, I'll have to check what review and
reversion options you have at your disposal if I mess something up. I
also noticed a bug in the current IDE colour chooser so I'll take a
look at that at the same time.

On a different note, I do speak a little French too. Je suis une
grande cochon! Merde! Je peut!

Of course, I don't know what the heck I just said about you, but I
think Je should be Il.

:)