[Gambas-devel] Gambas and Sound ...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 1 17:01:22 CET 2009

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether there is an easy way to run gambas programs with
> OSS emulation?
>
> I'm trying;
> padsp gbr3 <application>
>
> However padsp does not seem to be capturing /dev/dsp, i.e. the LD_PRELOAD
> does not seem to be having any effect .. ??
>
> Gareth.

I think I have understood: the gambas interpreter overrides the LD_PRELOAD
environment variable for its own needs.

That can be disabled with the "-p" argument.

Or, better, try to compile gambas with "./configure --disable-preloading". If
I remember, I had to preload the gb.qt and gb.qt.kde components, otherwise
gambas crashed on SuSE (but not on Mandriva, RedHat... Why? Mystery...)

Benoît