[Gambas-devel] Listbox.Add method slow; is it recreating the listbox with each addition?

ReturnOfNights nightwolf_glc at ...255...
Thu Jun 25 11:22:01 CEST 2009

I read somewhere that using this will allow events to occur/update prior to
calling external subs/functions

vb6:

DoEvents

Gambas:

WAIT

(Note: no value after it, this will give a cpu cycle to the app, enough to
NOT make the form dim on 100% CPU intense operations), but I also noticed
doing this per item in the list box was enough to make it 4X slower to
populate a list - I tried hiding and showing once item added any all ways I
can think of with my project - in the end I settled with 3 WAIT commands in
a row after the list additions are complete. Thats all fine so long as the
users doesn't click the list box to often thinking it has crashed - as I
made it execute the items U click :)

I been checking this forum every day in hopes a response to my request of a
new and improved ListBox Control - with CheckBoxes supported correctly and
as a feature (not a hack) - but I'll just have to wait and see :)