[Gambas-devel] Architecture

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 27 16:20:07 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I am very new to Gambas and am trying to understand the underlining
> architecture and the image links on the architecture page are broken and
> returning ( I am sure that your already aware of this ):
>
> 1. *Server:* gambas.sourceforge.net
> 2. *URL path:* /architecture-detail.html
> 3. *Error notes:* NONE
> 4. *Error type:* 404

Everything is on the server, just check again: maybe sourceforge was down when
you tried.

> Mainly I would like to focus on understanding the interpreter and the
> execution unit, from looking at the source I am guessing that these are
> files in the main/gbx?
>
> Any help in understating the architecture on a code level would be great.
>
> TIA.
>
> Nick Rathke
> Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> nick at ...635...
> www.sci.utah.edu
> 801-587-9933
> 801-557-3832

The diagram displayed in the "architecture" page was done mainly for fun. It
won't tell you what the reality is. The reality is the code.

Now if you want answers, I need more precise and detailed questions.

Benoît