[Gambas-devel] Oh, good grief, it's even worse than I first thought :Re: SHOW STOPPER: GB3, sqlite3 and date fields

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...176...
Mon Dec 14 15:00:04 CET 2009

2009/12/14 Kadaitcha Man <nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...>:
> 2009/12/14 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:
>
>> i've not the time to test that with mysql ... can you ?
>
> Hey, I'll ask my no-paying, freely GPL'd client if they'll convert
> their stupid sqlite3 database that doesn't support gambas date
> formats, a database written to by any number of unknown applications
> including French President Sarkozy's MySpace boudoir snap-cam, into
> MySQL just so I can convert their existing BASIC code into something
> that gambas can function with. Of course, they will have to pay me
> gazumptions of dollars for every day it takes me to do your testing
> for you, right? And they'll say, "Hey! we'll wear that cost! Heck,
> Kad! Charge us double time!" Right?
>
> Pardon me if I tell you they tell me to take a running long jump off a
> short pier, hey.
>
> No. I will not test it in MySql. That I might or might not be able to
> afford the time is irrelevant. You have a major show stopper on your
> hands. The requirement is sqlite3, not MySql.
>
> Take your head out of whatever orifice you have it stuffed in and put
> yourself in my customer's shoes, Fabien. Would you continue put up
> with the excuses you are asking me to make?
>
> I doubt it.
>
> And you want gambas to be taken seriously, right?

hey seriously if you found gambas so bad ... change of  language... !
There is numerous Basic under linux ... and a fabulous Basic under
windows... so why are you lost so many time on Gambas ? a poor
language with a ridiculous shrimp for logo and a name for child games
?

AND WE ARE NOT PAYED FOR THAT ! GAMBAS MAKE FOR FREE BY PEOPLE THAT
LIKE JUST PROGRAMMING.

You are just coming from the windows world and want to change things
in the programme making philosophy under linux ... you have really a
lot to learn about that.

Has we say in France 'You can't have Butter and Butter money'

And then,there is some people that know that is really difficult to
make a full langage (interpreter, compiler, etc), with only one
devellopper, it's the case in gambas... Benoit make Gambas for
himself, for his needs... the when people want something more ... like
me, Ron, Daniel, Charlie, they make the thing themself and then share
it. So it's true that gambas is not perfect, but it's not a reason to
accept injure from a person that just now how complain about things...

This is so my last answer to you, i've linked your email adress and ip
to my trash. if someone else want to answer you they are free.

I've lost too many time with you to accept those kind of words.. so
thank you for the bug reports... and now it's time for you to see new
territories.