[Gambas-devel] Oh, good grief, it's even worse than I first thought :Re: SHOW STOPPER: GB3, sqlite3 and date fields

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Dec 14 12:35:34 CET 2009

2009/12/14 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:

> i've not the time to test that with mysql ... can you ?

Hey, I'll ask my no-paying, freely GPL'd client if they'll convert
their stupid sqlite3 database that doesn't support gambas date
formats, a database written to by any number of unknown applications
including French President Sarkozy's MySpace boudoir snap-cam, into
MySQL just so I can convert their existing BASIC code into something
that gambas can function with. Of course, they will have to pay me
gazumptions of dollars for every day it takes me to do your testing
for you, right? And they'll say, "Hey! we'll wear that cost! Heck,
Kad! Charge us double time!" Right?

Pardon me if I tell you they tell me to take a running long jump off a
short pier, hey.

No. I will not test it in MySql. That I might or might not be able to
afford the time is irrelevant. You have a major show stopper on your
hands. The requirement is sqlite3, not MySql.

Take your head out of whatever orifice you have it stuffed in and put
yourself in my customer's shoes, Fabien. Would you continue put up
with the excuses you are asking me to make?

I doubt it.

And you want gambas to be taken seriously, right?