[Gambas-devel] gb3 GridView.Select

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Sat Dec 12 12:53:09 CET 2009

2009/12/12 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> The first time a GridView.Rows.Select(a,b) is issued in code, the
>> GridView_Select event doesn't fire at all, then after issuing
>> subsequent selects, it works but exhibits odd behaviour; the text from
>> the previous select is returned.
>>
>> Clicking on a row in the GridView always fires the _Select event and
>> always returns the correct data.
>>
>> Code attached.
>>
>> Am I missing something here?
>>

> If I remember, there is something weird in Qt that makes the Select event
> being raised before the current row actually changes.

That is actually what it looks like when I observe the UI, but I
figured if I said that people would think I was a nut.

> But you can use the Click event instead of the Select event.

No I cannot. The click event does not fire when .Rows.Select() is
issued from within the code.

> Think that "Select" means the selection has changed, and "Click" means the
> current row has changed, and that the two are disconnected in Qt, even if the
> GridView is in single row selection mode.

Going by the behaviour of the sample app I included, click means
exactly that, nothing more, nothing less; the user has clicked.

> Note that apparently that didn't change in Qt 4.

Public Sub GridView1_Click()

  Stop

End

Add that to the sample app I included and click the button until the
cows come home. When .Rows.Select() is issued from within the code,
the click event does not fire.