[Gambas-devel] Well, I kept my promise

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Wed Dec 9 09:35:04 CET 2009

This what I think the Gambas documentation ought to look like;
everything the programmer needs in one place, not spread out all over
the planet.

Create a directory and extract the attached files then just launch index.html.

There are some issues to be resolved before I start work on this:

1) The Gambas prawn/shrimp looks really immature. I recommend a new
and more technical logo, such as, erm, anything other than a prawn or
shrimp.

2) Fonts, style, layout, colours and what goes in the navigation panel
on the left needs to be decided on.

3) The wiki is arcane and ugly so I intend to rewrite the help text
for the Gambas help browser, not for the wiki. Someone else can take
on that burden.

Notes:

The Download link for the example works. All other links go back to
index.html. I intend to include as many working examples as I can.
The colour for the table headings came from a random pixel on the
prawn. It isn't too bad but I think there is too much white.
The text under comments is Lorem Ipsum gibberish pseudo-Latin. It
isn't meant to make sense so please don't ask.

Ok, I know some of you love the prawn, but really, ask yourself, does
it look mature? Does it say, "HEY! I represent a mature, technical
product!"?

If you said yes to either question, get your head read :)

Comments, feedback and rude suggestions welcome.

PS: I'm serious about the wiki. I won't touch it.