[Gambas-devel] addressing collection members question

richard terry rterry at ...627...
Wed Dec 2 00:13:35 CET 2009

I must have a mental block on this cause can't figure it out.

I want to pass a field name to a routine to select some data to display in a
listbox:

Lets call the collection the_data and the field name "occupation"

If I use this code:

listview1.add (the_data!pk, the_data!occupation) then

the names appear in the list.

But I want to be able to address the field by passing the name as  a string to
the subroutine

eg Sub Do_somthing (field_name as string)

but I can't figure out how to address the collection using the field name so
that WhatGoesHere is correct.

listview1.add (the_data!pk, WhatGoesHere?)

Hope thats not too ambiguous

Any help appreciated.

Richard