[Gambas-devel] Gentoo ebuild and patches

Boian Berberov bberberov at ...176...
Wed Sep 10 20:56:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:44, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...
> wrote:

> > *** gambas-2.8.0-help-path.patch
> > This patch was revised several times and originally it had a different
> > purpose.  Currently, it simply prevents the copying of the tar file.
> > Originally, it also changed the install location of the help directory,
> but
> > then I realized that I do not know if that location is relevant within
> the
> > Gambas IDE so I reverted that.
>
> It is relevant. The help files must be located into
> $(GAMBAS_INSTALL_DIR)/share/gambas2/help

OK.  Good thing I reverted it then.

> > *** gambas-2.8.0-libtool.patch
> > This is a Gentoo-specific patch working together with
> > gambas-2.7.0-r1-remove-libltdl-from-main.patch.  The original problem of
> > the bug was that Gambas was failing to build with libtool 2.2.4.  The
> way I
> > fixed this problem was by removing libtool, to the best of my ability,
> and
> > running autoreconf, to recreate it.  I believe this replacement (in the
> > patch) causes autoreconf to use the local copy of libltdl instead of the
> > provided one.
>
> I have libtool 1.5 on my Mandriva 2008.1 yet.

This patch is for Gentoo.  Even if you started using libtool 2.2, Gentoo
would have to support 1.5 until it is removed from Portage.  Do not worry
about it.

> > *** gambas-2.8.0-sdl-component-name.patch
> > gb.sdl.sound/configure.ac lists the component name as sdl_sound:

> > dnl check for SDL libs
> > GB_COMPONENT(
> >   sdl_sound,
> >   SDL_SOUND,
> >
> > When --enable-sdlsound is passed to ./configure, the component does not
> > enable because of the name difference. (sdlsound <-> sdl_sound) I do not
> > remember but I think --enable-sdl_sound did not work either.  This patch
> > makes the two names the same.
>
> So I will do the contrary! I will replace 'sdl_sound' by 'sdlsound'
> and 'SDL_SOUND' by 'SDLSOUND'.

OK.  Noted.  I will update the ebuild on the next version bump to reflect
this.

> > If I make some more patches for the build system (autoconf and make
> files),
> > or revise some, would you consider adopting them?
>
> Of course, I already did. But it depends on the patch.
>
> > I will try to make them
> > distribution/OS-neutral, but I do not use many different OSs so someone
> > else will have to test them for compatibility.
> >
> > Boian Berberov
> >

> Well, I think one more brain is not superfluous to deal with autoconf &
> automake!

Alright, I will wait for the version bump so I can get Gambas updated for
Gentoo.  Once that bug is closed, I can look at the build system some more.
Good luck with development.

Boian Berberov