[Gambas-devel] Some new littles things

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 12 17:00:45 CET 2008

On vendredi 7 novembre 2008, birchy wrote:
> Bugzilla from gambas at ...1... wrote:
> > What is the problem with using HttpClient in gb.net.curl?
>
> That is what i'm currently using and it seems to work ok. I think that curl
> can handle cookies and therefore gb should also have this ability? I'd also
> like to be able to set headers other than the "user-agent" but this doesn't
> seem to be available? And what about gZip? How would i set the
> "Accept-Encoding: gzip" header and implement gZip decompression within my
> http routines? The documentation seems incomplete. Does gb.net.curl use ALL
> of the curl features?

As stated in the similar thread on the user mailing-list:

HttpClient.CookieFile allows you to define a file where cookies will be read.

And HttpClient.UpdateCookies should tell if the previous file will be updated
during the HTTP request.

gb.xml already know how to parse HTML. The XMLDocument
class has a 'HTMLFromString' method for that.

As for gzip encoding, I don't know if HttpClient can deal with that. A test is
needed.