[Gambas-devel] Translations for Gambas3

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...7...
Sun May 11 03:29:59 CEST 2008

Hi, OK here it is:

Usually I try to find some new strings to be
translated in the Gambas 3 IDE
(../trunk/app/src/gambas3), the project opens OK but
when I go to the menu: Project/Translate, to
translate, the FTranslate form just doesn't open. In
the status bar appears a message: “compiling project
gambas3...” and that's all.

But if I save the Gambas 3 IDE in another place, for
example my /home directory, then the  FTranslate
windows opens.

The problem is that Translate Dialog doesn't appears
when I'm working in the /src directory, but if I'm
working in other one then the dialog appears.

Here's why (I found the error, but no sure if it is
mine):

In the source directory (../trunk/app/src/gambas3) the
file: “.startup” file belongs to root, as well as the
group, that's why “If Project.Compile() Then Return
(Fmain:614)” returns true and the FTranslate window
never opens.

And when I save the project in another place, the
file: “.startup” belongs to the current user, and then
everything goes fine.

Now I have tow problems:

1 Why this file belongs to root if I download the
sources from svn repository as normal user?

2 I never see the error message: “gbc: ERROR: Cannot
create .startup file”. I'm supposed to see it just in
debug mode or it should appear in the status bar?

Can someone help please?

Best regards...

David
--- Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>