[Gambas-devel] New component for Gambas

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...7...
Mon Mar 31 16:01:00 CEST 2008

Hi all,

    I want to create a new component for Gambas, it is MySQL oriented. What I want to do is make things easier for users who use gb.db.mysql. I'm creating a Class called MySQL to do all the things the user needs.

    For example, this class will have something like this to create a DataBase
        Public Procedure CreateDataBase(DataBaseName As String, Optional CharSet As String)

    This class will manage all the specific MySQL (or SQL) things, like data types, indexes and more.

    I'm not re-inventing the wheel, it is just a class to make the things easier. In back ground what the class will do is use Connection.Ecex() to execute MySQL statements.

    Now, I got a problem, make it as a component or as a Class file inside the Gambas IDE?

I do not want to continue without ask the experts voices.... :-)

Attached is a small example..

Comments please.....

David

OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t