[Gambas-devel] Copying forms

Robert Rowe robert.c.rowe at ...176...
Sun Mar 23 19:02:12 CET 2008

I would agree the copying is generally bad. Visual inheritance is the
way to go. Visual inheritance can be rather tricky to implement though
so as long as someone doesn't go overkill then some limited copying
shouldn't be harmful as long as core functionality is in a class that
both forms utilize.

This reminds me of something. FTextEditor has the same editor splitting
capabilities as FEditor does so I'll need to make the same fixes to it
that you made to FEditor. You said that you wanted to make some more
changes to the code though so I'll wait until you have FEditor in it's
final form.

I guess I'll table the copy idea for now as there is another way to
accomplish it. I was just trying to keep the interface consistent. I'll
move on to my next item.

Robert Rowe