[Gambas-devel] Copying forms

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 23 18:44:47 CET 2008

On dimanche 23 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> The intent of this feature was not to have the same form in a project
> twice. Rather it is to assist the creation of new forms that are similar
> to an existing form. A perfect example of where this comes in handy
> would be the FTextEditor and the FEditor forms. FEditor has everything
> from FTextEditor plus more so FTextEditor could have been written then
> copied to FEditor for further modification. I know now that this can be
> accomplished via the "new form" dialog. I'll pass this information on to
> Richard (he's the one who requested the feature). I still think that
> implementing this via the popup menu is more intuitive but it's okay if
> you feel differently.
>
> Robert Rowe

Actually copying is a bad thing, and the example you took just show that
FTextEditor and FEditor were badly designed, as they have many common code
that is not factorized. :-)

But if you really want, you can implement this feature. Just tell me, because
there are a few modifications to do in the Project class first - The methods
already exist, they just need to take that new way of creating forms (and
modules, and classes...) into account.