[Gambas-devel] Integrated Help

Robert Rowe robert.c.rowe at ...176...
Fri Mar 21 00:40:51 CET 2008

See below.

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On jeudi 20 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
>
>> I've committed my integrated help changes. This is actually only the
>> first of two changes that I'm doing for the integrated help. The other
>> will show a help message to the right of the completion window for the
>> selected completion item. Since this will take a while I thought that I
>> should go ahead an check in what I had.
>>
>> Robert Rowe
>>

> Hi,
>
> I have fixed a few things in your integrated help (see the ChangeLog).
>
> A few remarks:
>
> - Prefix the name of a local variable with its type (b for boolean, i for
> integer, s for string, c for Collection, a for any array, h for an object
> handle...)

I thought that I had done this but I guess that I missed some places. :(
> - $xxx is a name for a private variable. Public variables should be named with
> letters only, the first one of each word being in uppercase.

I thought that the $ signified class scope. I understand now.
> - You put $bDisableIntegratedHelp in FMain. Why? You should have put it in
> FProperty, as it does not concern FMain at all. This way, it does not have to
> PUBLIC anymore!

I didn't want the property window to have to read the config file every
time that it opened. The value would only change on startup and when it
was changed on FOption. Am I misunderstanding how the Settings object works?
> - Strings that must be translated (i.e. that are displayed) must be marked as
> translatable. You do that by putting them between braces.

Multi-language projects are still new to me. I didn't know about the
braces. I'll remember this in the future.
> - The property help SidePanel should remember its position by storing it in
> the default settings file. Save the position during the Form_Close event of
> FProperty, and restore it during the Form_Open event.

I left a note in the code to do this but I forgot to come back and do
it. :( I'll add it tonight if you haven't already.
> Best regards,

Thanks,

Robert Rowe