[Gambas-devel] Integrated Help

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Mar 20 21:36:09 CET 2008

On jeudi 20 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> I've committed my integrated help changes. This is actually only the
> first of two changes that I'm doing for the integrated help. The other
> will show a help message to the right of the completion window for the
> selected completion item. Since this will take a while I thought that I
> should go ahead an check in what I had.
>
> Robert Rowe

Hi,

I have fixed a few things in your integrated help (see the ChangeLog).

A few remarks:

- Prefix the name of a local variable with its type (b for boolean, i for
integer, s for string, c for Collection, a for any array, h for an object
handle...)

- $xxx is a name for a private variable. Public variables should be named with
letters only, the first one of each word being in uppercase.

- You put $bDisableIntegratedHelp in FMain. Why? You should have put it in
FProperty, as it does not concern FMain at all. This way, it does not have to
PUBLIC anymore!

- Strings that must be translated (i.e. that are displayed) must be marked as
translatable. You do that by putting them between braces.

- The property help SidePanel should remember its position by storing it in
the default settings file. Save the position during the Form_Close event of
FProperty, and restore it during the Form_Open event.

Best regards,