[Gambas-devel] edtSplit

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 17 23:38:03 CET 2008

On dimanche 16 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> I haven't heard of the crystal icons. I'll try to research them. I
> couldn't find any icons that I really liked for these two functions. I'm
> not really much of an artist. :(
>
> Good idea with the dynamic creation. I originally tried to have only two
> editor objects and change their parent. I found that I couldn't change
> the container at runtime so I had to have five editor objects. You're
> right that creating them just in time would be better.
>
> I was planning to use an enum for the view type but I didn't find
> support for enums.
>
> I'll do an update after you've tweaked my changes and backport them to 2.0
>
> I'm glad you like my changes.
>
> Robert

If you are looking for more features to implement :-), I suggest the following
that was asked on the mailing-list some months ago.

The idea is adding a sort of "clipboard" tab in the toolbox, and allowing the
user to copy a selection of controls from the form editor to this clipboard,
and the contrary. The clipboard contents will be kept when the IDE closes,
and will be the same for all projects.

The FForm class already has the methods to transform a selection of controls
into a string (copy), and the contrary (paste).

But this is not an urgent feature.

Note that the FForm class will be redesigned deeply to support the edition of
other kind of forms and controls (webforms, reports...)