[Gambas-devel] edtSplit

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 14 10:15:23 CET 2008

On vendredi 14 mars 2008, Robert Rowe wrote:
> I found some code in ReadConfig of FEditor.class referencing edtSplit.
> Was this the beginnings of a split editor feature? I read about the View
> property of the Editor and was thinking of using it to implement the
> split screen. I didn't want to work on it if you were too.
>
> Robert

It seems that I tried something in the past. :-)

I think you can keep this line of code.

Be careful that the editor control is public (Editor variable). So I think the
fastest way to implement the split is to track focus changes between the two
editors, and to set the edtEditor and Editor variable accordingly.

But I maybe wrong! the FEditor class was designed with only one editor in
mind, so...

I suggest adding a button in the toolbar to toggle splitted/single view, like
in Konqueror.