[Gambas-devel] Delete files in /tmp/gambas.[user.id]

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 20 14:43:43 CEST 2008

On mardi 17 juin 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Hi Benoit
>
>     I think there is a problem in the way Gambas (I refer to version 3)
> handles the /tmp/gambas.[user.id] directory. Some times when I am debugging
> an application I stop the running it and the files and directories created
> in the /tmp dir are not deleted, I noticed this some day ago and find
> almost 10 MB of undeleted files. I know most of times is my fault, since I
> stop suddenly my program or the IDE, but don't you think is a good idea to
> avoid this? Maybe by adding something like this to the Form_Close() event
> in FMain (Gambas IDE):
>
>     TRY SHELL “cd /tmp/gambas.[user.id]; rm -rf *”
>
> Please let me know your comments.
>
> Regards
>
> David

Actually temporary files are automatically deleted at program ends, but not
when a signal stops the program. It is just a matter of deleting them when
catching a SIGSTOP or a SIGKILL.

Something to be done, for sure...