[Gambas-devel] an explantion components e wright

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jun 16 14:42:52 CEST 2008

On lundi 16 juin 2008, e wright wrote:
> The components are
>
> gbdict:
>
>   an interface with dict.org which has two parts first give
> definitions, second give a list of words that have a similar
> definition.
>
> gbaspell:
>   an interface with aspell spell-checker. One checkers a word to see
> if it in the aspell word list. The second gives you a list of sound
> alike words. ( you must have aspell on your system)
>
> Both Dict server and aspell can be setup for  different Natural
> languages; if, you wish.
>

> Both of these components explain how to work with them in there:
> README file and Release Notes.
>
> ( second/third time I have listed this )
>
>  See at:
>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/cppdictspell
>

> Will add an explanation of the interfaces in the "How to" section of
> Gambas; if, you like.
>
> This component is not totally like Gambas; it passes an index as a
> parameter( round  brackets; insted of, square brackets).
>

> string array would be better and be more like Gambas; but do not know
> how arrays works through C; plus, is less work for the memory
> management. ( I was afraid of making a memory management error. That
> could, lead to a strange run-time error; with someone, who used it
> often. )

First point: you should really enhance your interface so that it follows the
same design as the rest of Gambas (or most of...). I will of course help you
and answer all your questions.

I can tell you:
* When making a property, when making a method. And how.
* How a class can be used like an array.
* How to make "virtual" sub-properties, like System.User.Home for example, so
that your interface is better organized.
* How to return a Gambas array from a property.
* How to make a class enumerable, i.e. that can be enumerate with a for each
instruction.

And many other things! Just write the better design you can imagine on a paper
and ask me... I can help you on that too, but I usually find the design the
most "funny" part of making a component, so I prefer let you explore that
yourself. :-)