[Gambas-devel] Problems compiling Gambas for ARM Linux

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at ...176...
Mon Jun 9 18:33:01 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 17:07 -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:
> It is no matter, because I have a new problem. Working around the CC
> badness messages by disabling components missing dependencies, I have
> built a partial install of Gambas for ARM, but the install phase fails
> when generating the component information files, because the build
> system tries to run gbi2, which is an ARM Linux binary, on x86_64. I am
> not sure how to fix this problem other than to use QEMU or some more
> elegant solution like Scratchbox. I think that QEMU can be configured,
> along with the binfmt_misc feature of the Linux kernel, to automatically
> run when binaries for other CPUs are executed, so maybe that is worth
> trying.

Using the Scratchbox build system, which integrates QEMU for cases like
this, I have been able to successfully compile Gambas plus some
components for ARM Linux. However, now it is failing to run programs,
saying it cannot load the class file for "Balloon", which is in gb.form.
Now, the gb.qt component is disabled, as both my handheld devices use
GTK+, is it possible that this is the cause of the problem, or am I
dealing with some library loading error and need to dig deeper?

Thanks in advance.
--
Andrew Barr
andrew.james.barr at ...176...