[Gambas-devel] please, need help with gb.option

chintan rao chintanraoh at ...176...
Tue Jun 3 16:46:26 CEST 2008

Hi,
Documentation for this is not currently available. Currently I don't
have time as I am not involved in some other project. But I will be
writing one as soon as I am free. i hope I will be free soon.

Tell me if you find this interface annoying. I will change it when I
have time to do so
I think I must make the thing simpler.
You declare the opt object as
DIM opt AS NEW GetOptions("la:b:c:")
At this point you may really feel that GetOptions must be static class
( I don't remember why made no static. This component right now is in
beta stage :) . )

if colon (ie ":") is specified after a character c, it means that that
option must be be followed by an argument opt[c] will be the argument.
if ":" is not specified it will be a opt[c] will 0 or 1
also opt["?"] is 1 if there is an error in specifying the command line arguments

PUBLIC SUB Main()
  DIM opt AS NEW GetOptions("la:b:c:")

  IF opt["?"] = 1
    PRINT "error parsing the arguments"
  ENDIF

  IF opt["l"] = 1
    PRINT "found option l"
  ENDIF

  IF opt["a"] <> 1 AND opt["a"] <> 0
    PRINT opt["a"]
  ENDIF

  IF opt["b"] <> 1 AND opt["a"] <> 0
    PRINT opt["b"]
  ENDIF

  IF opt["c"] <> 1 AND opt["c"] <> 0
    PRINT opt["c"]
  ENDIF

END

Also there is a way in which you can list the opts one by one.

' Gambas module file

PUBLIC SUB Main()

  DIM opt AS NEW GetOptions("h:elo")
  DIM c AS String
  PRINT "command line args:\"" & opt.CommandLineArgs.Join(" ") & "\""

  WHILE TRUE
    c = opt.NextValidOption()
    PRINT opt.OptionArgument()

    IF c = ""
      BREAK
    ENDIF

    SELECT CASE c

      CASE "h"
        PRINT "option h" & " the corresponding argument is\"" &
opt.OptionArgument() & "\""

      CASE "e"
        PRINT "option e"

      CASE "l"
        PRINT "option l"

      CASE "o"
        PRINT "option o"

      CASE "?"
        PRINT "error parsing the arguments"
        PRINT "invalid option " & opt.GetErrorOption()
        BREAK

      CASE ":"
        PRINT "error parsing the arguments"
        PRINT "no arguments to option " & opt.GetErrorOption()

    END SELECT

  WEND

  IF opt.RestOfArgs().Count <> 0
    PRINT "Rest of the arguments are \"" & opt.RestOfArgs().Join(" ")&
"\""
  ENDIF
END