[Gambas-devel] MySQLBrowser

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...7...
Tue Jun 3 16:15:43 CEST 2008

Hi attached is an update.

Degards

David

----- Original Message ----
From: David Villalobos Cambronero <david_villalobos_c at ...7...>
To: Gambas-devel <gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 6:14:33 AM
Subject: [Gambas-devel] MySQLBrowser

Hi Benoit:

Attached is an example of something that I call MySQLBrowser. Its goal is to retrieve information form an specific database. Most of my applications has database access, and many times I needed a "quick" access to the database I'm currently using, so MySQLBrowser solve most of the problems.

Some features are:

Runs querys and show its output.
Database backup.
Table backup.
You can specify the connection parameters in the "Properties" section.
Retrieves: tables, views, indexes and fields info.
Shows output in different formats (-v, -vv, -vvv, -t).
Highlights most of MySQL keywords.

It is gb.db.mysql independent but MySQL specific since most of information is retrived from information_schema.

I think it will be a good complement for the gb.db.mysql component, but it uses some other gambas components wish mean that gb.db.mysql will need gb.form, gb.qt, and gb.qt.ext. I see no problem since all these components are normally compiled but I want to know your opinion.

If MySQLBrowser can't be part of gb.db.mysql I think we can create something like gb.mysqlbrowser, gb.db.mysql.form, gb.db.mysql.browser.

But any way please take a look at its and please let me know your comments.

Best regards

David