[Gambas-devel] Gambas on ARM target

Gianluca gianlucarenzi at ...576...
Thu Jan 31 16:44:28 CET 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 16:18, Rob wrote:
> On Thursday 31 January 2008 03:24, Gianluca wrote:
> > Does anybody are using Gambas on an architecture different from
> > standard x86 PC? Can anybody point me out of this?
>
> Someone did port Gambas to PowerPC a few years ago, though I think
> they did the building on the PPC itself rather than crosscompiling.
I understand. But it is not a viable way to me.
The target processor has 64MB SDRAM and 128MB Flash as a mass storage device
and it is running at 300Mhz. To compile Gambas on target I will need
native GCC, GNUtools and whatever else... mmh... too big and too slow.

I need to run an executable.

I don't need to have an IDE or RAD to develop in an embedded board.
The only thing I need is some library and an executable just to run the gambas project...

I have already qt-embedded, so I have the half way done... :)

> If you're successful, please share with the list, because I've been
> hoping to do it myself (to try to cram Gambas and gb.sdl onto the
> ARM9 Nintendo DS, with or without DSLinux.)  I've just been waiting
> for a DS emulator that runs well enough under Linux to run DSLinux,
> and one was recently released that claims to do so.
I could use openmoko emulator (qemu and scratchbox) just to compile natively
on an emulated system, then pass the executable onto the real system...
I think this is *not* the right way to let the things done.

> If I get there first, I'll do the same, but I'll probably try to pick
> up the ODF component again first.
give me a mail, if you will be the first.

Gianluca Renzi