[Gambas-devel] x86_64 success

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 30 23:11:40 CET 2008

On mercredi 30 janvier 2008, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 22:44 +0100, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > On mercredi 30 janvier 2008, Tom Callaway wrote:
> > > I've managed to get the gambas 2.0.0 code (svn checkout 1043) running
> > > on my x86_64 laptop (built 64bit). Is there a test suite that I could
> > > put it through to see how functional it is?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > ~spot
> >
> > You can try all examples. You will see that the networking components do
> > not really work on 64 bits yet.
>
> Thanks! Hopefully those components will work soon.
>
> One other question:
>
> Is it ok if I continue to name the package "gambas" in Fedora as opposed
> to "gambas2". This way, there is a clean upgrade path, since no one is
> supporting gambas1 anymore.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~spot

No, you must keep the exact naming of all packages as specified in the "how to
package gambas" document on the wiki.

For two reasons:

- The RPM packages generated by the IDE rely on that naming.

- Gambas2 is not an upgrade of Gambas1, but a different version, and both
version should be able to be installed on the same system.