[Gambas-devel] 64 bits branch merge done

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...176...
Fri Jan 18 13:17:03 CET 2008

2008/1/18, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> Hi,
>
> The merge has been done. We went back to:
>
> * /trunk, that is the next 3.0 version.
>
> * /branches/2.0, that is the next 2.1 version.
>
> So, from now, if you have to do your 64 bits fixes both in /trunk and
> in /branches/2.0.
>
> Everyone is invited to test the /branches/2.0 on their 64 bits and 32 bits
> system (because 64 bits changes can break the old code), and report any
> problem!
>
> Regards,

Benoît, do you think it makes sense prepare new packages for the  new merge
and allow Debian machines build the code in all the architectures? If I do
it and it fails, reversing to i386 only will take some protocols and time,
but doing it will let more users test it in different archs.
Also, in the past I checked there were problems compiling gambas 1.0 in
powerpc because of endianess isues, do you think this issues might have been
fixed with the modifications for 64 bits?.
And latest, but not least, if you think that packaging the merged version is
a good idea, maybe you should officially release it as 2.0.1 or similar and
more distros will do the same...

Regards.
José L.