[Gambas-devel] about r962 in svn

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Feb 11 17:26:50 CET 2008

On lundi 11 février 2008, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> Hi, Benoît.
> Compiling branch 2.0 I've found this in r962:
>

> -[GB_FIND(gettextlib.$SHLIBEXT, /usr/local /usr, lib)],
> +[GB_FIND(libgettextlib.$SHLIBEXT, /usr/local /usr, lib)],
>
> and your explanation is:
>
> BUG: Now configure is looking for libgettextlib.so instead of
>   gettextlib.so
>

> In Debian it worked fine previously, and now it doesn't. It makes
> gb.so.0.0.0 links against libgettextsrc-0.17.so which has not public
> symbols. gambas2 compiles, but checks against the packages make impossible
> get the right dependencies for gambas2-runtime.
>
>  According to gettext Debian Maintainer: "Packages should not use
> libgettextlib to begin with, as it's an internal
> library which is not to be used by other packages."
>
> So, I would like to know if that's only a problem in Debian, then I would
> patch Debian packages or its more general, so it would be your turn. How
> did you detect that using gettextlib was a bug?
>
> Regards.
> José L.

I don't know. this comes from a patch from FreeBSD or OpenBSD, I don't
remember.

I thought that on systems where this library is not needed, it does not exist.
Actually I was wrong, but I didn't notice as I wrote 'gettextlib' instead
of 'libgettextlib'.

I will replace this false test by a system-dependent test macro.