[Gambas-devel] about r962 in svn

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...176...
Mon Feb 11 17:19:33 CET 2008

Hi, Benoît.
Compiling branch 2.0 I've found this in r962:

-[GB_FIND(gettextlib.$SHLIBEXT, /usr/local /usr, lib)],
+[GB_FIND(libgettextlib.$SHLIBEXT, /usr/local /usr, lib)],

and your explanation is:

BUG: Now configure is looking for libgettextlib.so instead of
  gettextlib.so

In Debian it worked fine previously, and now it doesn't. It makes
gb.so.0.0.0 links against libgettextsrc-0.17.so which has not public
symbols. gambas2 compiles, but checks against the packages make impossible
get the right dependencies for gambas2-runtime.

 According to gettext Debian Maintainer: "Packages should not use
libgettextlib to begin with, as it's an internal
library which is not to be used by other packages."

So, I would like to know if that's only a problem in Debian, then I would
patch Debian packages or its more general, so it would be your turn. How did
you detect that using gettextlib was a bug?

Regards.
José L.