[Gambas-devel] InputDate for gb.form

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 15 22:23:43 CEST 2008

On mardi 15 avril 2008, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2008/4/15, David Villalobos Cambronero <david_villalobos_c at ...7...>:
> > mmmm, so bad... that's why I'm asking you for permition... maybe it could
> > be a good idea to tell devel group to request your autorization before
> > add a component or something else, so you can evalute it and tell us if
> > has sence or not to add the component. :-)
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > David
>
> hummmm it's already the case....  :-) !
>
> But Benoit ... just want to talk about the fact that many people risk to
> query him for not signifiant componant like yours... Nevertheless... an
> idéa for you ... if you have time ... Will be to make an multiType
> inputBox... Based on the same system as the Ballon Message.
>
> So we can have Input.Date, Input.Text, Input. anything.... What about this
> ?
>
> Regards,
> Fabien

Yes. InputBox comes from VB, so David continues on InputDate "logically".

But Rob is right, the more coherent is the Dialog class who have static
methods for that. So I can replace InputDate class by a static method in the
Dialog.class (Dialog.SelectDate), in the gb.form.dialog component for
example.

I will keep InputBox, as this almost useless dialog box was requested by many
old VB users. :-)