[Gambas-devel] Bug with the stock icons when using the gtk component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 8 12:51:58 CEST 2007

On vendredi 08 juin 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> Looking a way to fix this with the current 1.9.49 version, it seems that
> gb.form is now managing the icons, but gb.form depends on gb.qt, wich is
> incompatible with gb.gtk. So when using gb.gtk, gb.form can not be used.
>
> Is that right?
> If it is, is there any workaround to fix the error now, or we'll have to
> wait to get a gb.form.gtk component?
>
> 2007/6/6, José Luis Redrejo <jredrejo at ...176...>:
> > Hi, I've checked the new stock icons methods don't work at all when using
> > the gtk component. From the ide, if I select Gnome as desktop, it works
> > fine, so it seems qt is able to load the gnome icons. But when I use the
> > gtk component only some of the icons are loaded (some of them are add,
> > apply, cancel, clear, color, connect, copy, cut,
> > delete,directory,disconnect, edit, file, find, gambas, help, quit) for
> > the rest (archive, audio, auth, book, bookmark,bottom, cdrom, close,
> > etc.) I get errors.
> >
> > I've understood with the new stock icons routines, if an icon was not
> > foud it loaded the default icons, but it doesn't do that. I don't know if
> > that's a bug, or I didn't understand such feature. Appart form that,
> > obviously for there is an error somewhere in the gnome.map...

The internal gb.gtk stock class has to be redesigned, because it does not use
the same stock icon names than the gb.form Stock class.

In the future, it will work this way:

* When gb.gtk is finished, gb.form will be able to use it as it uses gb.qt at
the moment.

* The internal gb.gtk stock class will be kept, as it really uses the GTK+
stock routines (gb.form looks directly in the GTK+ directories, and so cannot
display SVG icons at the moment). The Stock class will use them as a default.

* Maybe the Stock class will be put in its own component, so that you can use
it without having to use the entire gb.form component.