[Gambas-devel] About gb.web

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 5 15:36:07 CET 2007

On mercredi 5 décembre 2007, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi Benoit:
>
> I've looked at gb.web code and I can see in the HTML class that the
> only characters replaced are "&","<",">" and "\"". I think we could
> include there the special characters in HTML, for example "á" ->
> "á", etc...
>
> I can do it if you want...
>
> Daniel

Please don't! The Gambas HTML quoting function is slow, and there are too many
HTML entities to process, so the better at the moment is just sending pages
in UTF-8 and only quoting if needed.

The code for quoting HTML entities exists, it is the kentities.h file located
in the gb.gtk sources - this file comes from KDE sources :-)

In a future version, gb.web will have a part written in C/C++. At this moment,
HTML quoting will have to be rewritten in C/C++, and will use the kentities.h
file for that!