[Gambas-devel] SVG support for GTK+

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...176...
Sat Sep 16 19:14:25 CEST 2006

Hi:

I've created a component for gb.gtk, called gb.gtk.svg which uses
librsvg to load SVG files.

At this moment it implements all that librsvg can do:

-> Get a Picture or an Image from it.

In the future it will be expanded when librsvg really supports other
features from its API:  extracting metadata, loading different layers
from a SVG file and setting different DPIs for X and Y coordinates.
These functions do nothing at this moment. When I also implement a
Cairo component, they will be able to work together to manage these
vectorial drawings.

Due to all those plans, and the need of an additional library , I do
not want to insert it in the current gb.gtk component as a "Drawing"
class like the gb.qt one.

And apart from that, I use only the Image and Picture interfaces from
Gambas, so other components (currently I think they're gb.qt,
gb.opengl, gb.sdl) can use it to get SVG Pictures and Images from a
SVG file (of course gb.qt can do it with the Drawing class, but it
works!)

At this moment librsvg can only load files, not saving them from any
possible source.

The component is stable at this moment, no need to add Alpha or Beta
warnings. I've used the 2.14.3 version of librsvg2, so It won't work
with previous versions. Libsrvg uses cairo, pango and GTK+ internally.

Release:

http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk/gb.gtk.svg.1.0.0.tar.bz2

Daniel