[Gambas-devel] gambas2 and Arrays (II)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 15 23:44:23 CEST 2006

On Friday 15 September 2006 23:12, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Benoît,
>
> to find out how you do, to get Arrays into Debug.Local and into the Baloon,
> I found in Debug.print.c the reason.
>
> There ( in print_object )  you make a break after 8 Elements.
>
> It would be better print_object returns the hole array/collection and is
> truncated for the baloon and/or local watch.

No, because what happens if the array has one million elements?

> So the string can be used to show the values by a DblClick or so on objects
> which are Arrays or Collections.
>
> If you want I can send you my changes, but I think it is easier for you to
> make it by your own.
>
> Let me know, about.
>
> Amicalment
> Charlie

What to be done is making a little form that show array contents by asking the
value of each array element to the debugger on demand. For example, by using
a tableview. It is a bit slower than getting the array contents in one shot,
but it will work whatever the size of the array.

Then the same thing can be done for Collections, and for any object written in
Gambas by using a special debugger command that prints all field names of an
object.

If you don't want to do that, no problem. I will do, but not now...