[Gambas-devel] Gambas module for QT embedded and stack overflow error deleting objects

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at ...531...
Mon Nov 20 10:55:08 CET 2006

Alle 14:23, sabato 18 novembre 2006, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> > If you install libqt-embedded you can test the applications in gambas IDE
> > using qvfb (virtual framebuffer under X) from QT.
> > The launched program needs the "-qws" option and the QTDIR variable set
> > to /usr/lib/qte3, to fix this I just launch the IDE with this command:
> >
> > QTDIR=/usr/lib/qte3 gambas2
> >
> > but (just as a suggestion) the IDE might handle this someway.
> >
> > Silvan
>
> Why? I'm not sure to really understand. Can you be more explicit?

Launching a Qt/Embedded program from the IDE will abort with the following
console log:

Connected to VFB server: 640 x 480 x 32
Cannot find font definition file /usr/lib/qt3/lib/fonts/fontdir - is Qt
installed correctly?

because QTDIR is either set to QT/X11 path or not set. So one of the following
modifications (or both) could help:

- QTDIR could be set to Qt/Embedded path (as determined at build time or
configured in the IDE general options or in the project options) in the
environment of the application launched from the IDE when gb.qte module is
used

-an environment configuration dialog could be added to the IDE just like it is
now for the arguments (Debug -> Arguments menu entry) and when a new qte
application is created from the wizard, the environment for QTDIR is
automatically added. This might be helpful for non qte applications too.

I have committed the Makefile.am patch, thanks for creating the account.

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Silvan Calarco - http://www.mambasoft.it