[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 1.9.27 and 1.0.15

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 25 00:11:57 CET 2006

Hi,

The 1.0.15 release just fixes the last found bugs in the stable version.

The 1.9.27 is more interesting :-)

* It should compile better on FreeBSD.

* The pseudo-random numbers generator now uses a faster and better algorithm,
thanks to an article in the 'GNU/Linux Magazine France' french magazine.

* Last, but not least, the Development Environment is now based on a multiple
document interface.

This MDI interface is highly experimental. It is based on the Workspace
control, which is itself based on the very buggy and badly designed
QWorkspace QT widget. I tried to workaround these problems as much as
possible, but you must use it at your own risk anyway :-)

This interface is temporary: the Workspace control will be removed in a future
version, and replaced by an equivalent control made in Gambas.

This control will be more powerful (I want dockable windows and toolbars...)
and will work with gb.qt and gb.gtk indifferently.