[Gambas-devel] Check for -fvisibility=hidden

ron ronstk at ...124...
Fri Mar 10 19:08:47 CET 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 10:53, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> Le Vendredi 10 Mars 2006 10:40, Daniel Campos a écrit :
> > Hi:
> >
> > Ooops! I updated only the C compiler. Updating also the C++ compiler makes
> > it work with the 4.0 version correctly.
> >
> > Anyway, we won't be able to support Gambas for Debian Sarge (3.3 -
> > 3.4compilers) anymore except if you are able to configure that option
> > so it is
> > not used on gcc 3.3 and 3.4 :-(
> >
> > Bad news
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > D. Campos
>
> Did you tried with the modified acinclude.m4 ?
>
> Regards,

This was yesterday 9 mrt.

Wel after all I was wrong for the install at work, due interuptions I had not finished.
The source was downloaded by co-worker to the main server FC4 and compiled ok he told me.
I copied the same tarbal to my suse-box at same work location.
note: Real download point/date unknown to me ATM, it is gambas2-1.9.26.???

Try-ing the given lines (194 and 195) modified and still got the error yesterday.
I had no patched (L.C.) acinclude.m4 at hand there so I had to modify the source by hand.
Searching a fresh untar on the secondbox, not at home, and I found 27 configure files
with the -fvisibility in it. (exists a different tarbal for FC somewhere?)
I then chown -R ron:users on the whole /home/ron/src/gambas tree.
After remove the option from the acinclude.m4 and all the configure files before
any thing else I was able to compile without error and it is now working OK.

Yessss, I'm realy using 1.9.26 on that box. :)

BTW:
I  have the idea the source tarball at work and at home differs.
Can it be the release, he has download the same day, you announced it?
The source I have used at home does NOT have the -fvisibility in the 'configure' files
only in the acinclude.m4 and is the one that can have the EXPORT correction in it.

just checked @ 10 mrt: