[Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...124...
Wed Jun 28 19:02:55 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 15:44, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>  ' This because FForm is a gambas IDE Form and not a user Form
>  ' Three solutions
>  '1) I add a new collection to store the bResizable
>  '2) I add a property to FChildform, named NoTileCascade
>  '3) Don't resize anyway, not a option for me (ron).
>
>  ' The Workspace.SetResizable(hForm, TRUE, Project.Snap) looks to me
>  ' a kind of overkill. Beside off that I do believe FIconEditor should
>  ' handled the same as FForm in the .mda version, for same reason.
>  ' Solution 2 looks to me the best way, also consistent as public control
>   hForm.NoTileCascade = bResizable ' it is meaning FForm as explaned above
>

> Harg !
> Ron ? What are you doing here ? This property already exist !
> it's 'CanResize' It return or set the bResize Flag !
>
> Look More :)
>
> Nevertheless thank you for the other updates !
>
> Fabien

Well that property exists, I know but it is the property with
respecting the MDI code from Benoit.
If he adds a hForm then for a Form he passes to Cwindow.New a boolean to
tell It can resized. See the added code part from Project.ShowFile()
The flag is bResizable and set to true for Form.
Yes you should be able to resize in _HIS_ mdi version.
But the working of that flag is in your mdi the opposite.

In project.showfile this is true for Form and may resized.
In yours you did use it to disbable resize _for_ Tile and that is
something else.

I did try with CanResize, but as it is the same flag from the New
I had to use IF Not .CanResize THEN
It did not work correct because somewhere this flag is changed in the
code from Benoits frontend.

The initial flag during New FChildform() is however correct and that
one should keep during the whole session.
So The new property means and does what it say 'NoTileCascade' if true.

In fact I need only to look to the classtype of hWin, it is "FEditor",
"FForm" or one of the others. See the snippit from project.showfile()
I did not do that because the intention is any user can use gb.form.mdi
and the do not use gambas IDE Form classes at all.
But they must be able to prevent the Tile and Cascade resize for the
same reason as gambas FForm needs.

> Ron ? What are you doing here ? This property already exist !
No the meaning and behaviour is different.

> it's 'CanResize' It return or set the bResize Flag !
And in fact for your MDI it means IsForm and do NOT resize.

Read the explanation I add and see the Project.Showfile again.
Keep in mind it is a general user available control and may not depend
on specific gambas IDE classes the user is unknown about. i.e. the FForm !

Greets Ron