[Gambas-devel] PRB: SUB myFunction(arguments AS String ) AS Collection works!

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Apr 9 01:05:57 CEST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 00:03, ron wrote:
> Oops
> In my module I have a line as:
>
> PUBLIC SUB roGetProcInfo(sFile AS String, sSearch AS String) AS Collection
>
> In 1.9.28 it just compiles AND works.
>
> Now I imported the file in a project on a box with 1.9.26 and I got a error
> on that line.

This syntax (SUB instead of FUNCTION) only works since 1.9.28. Replace SUB by
FUNCTION, and it should compile.

> it is used as:
>   DIM cInfos AS Collection
>   cInfos = NEW Collection
>   cInfos = roGetProcInfo(sLink, sSymbol)
>
> In the class files you enter some information and this module extends
> the Help browser to show it.
> This can be user friendly for the components made in gambas to
> provide help during programming.
> Do you know after 6 months what the procedures and vars in that component
> has and how to use them ?

Usually yes :-) If my identifiers are well named.