[Gambas-devel] Re: [Gambas-user] Re: BIG BUG in gb 1.9.19

danielcampos at ...45... danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Sep 4 13:27:14 CEST 2005

Hi Benoit:

Well, first of all, sorry if I was too rude, may be it was not a good day for me :-(

The main problem is that from time to time, there are changes (for example the EXEC and OPEN syntax) that seems to not have a practical sense, just may be to make it more beautiful, but breaks existing code, and also some changes related to the gb.qt component, just have broken the code I've written for gb.gtk. May be these changes should be reported while you¡re writting them, instead of waiting to release a version and just tell "surprise, I've changed that...".

I mean I'm writting the gb.gtk with many problems, as GTK+ just provides the half of help that QT provides to the programmer. May be you need 10 lines of code, but I need 100 to perform the same feature. So finding from version to version that I must change what I've done is frustating, and makes more slow not only the gb.gtk developement, but all the testing platform (for example the Debian packages) that we are trying to provide for Gambas.

May be some mails from you while writting a new version, and a little roadmad: "I'll try to do it for the next version a) b) c)"... would be enough at this moment. May be we could help you too with a CVS service...

Regards,

D. Campos

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)