[Gambas-devel] opengl glarea sample

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Wed Nov 30 00:07:57 CET 2005

Le Mardi 29 Novembre 2005 23:55, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 23:17, csorda at ...69... wrote:
> > Hi,
> > very good!!
> >
> > I had resolve my little problem.
> > Now I invite you to implement in your lib this code:
> > http://www.spacesimulator.net/tutorials/source_code/spacesimulator.net-tu
> >to rial4_linux.zip This sample read a 3ds object and display it in the
> > window. I think Its very simple for you to implement a gl.Load3DS(...) in
> > your component. Best regards, Carlo Sorda
>
> Laurent: maybe you could use that in the sort of "super" opengl functions
> we talk about a few days ago :-)

Yes, i guess it should be in another component, something like gb.opengl.utils
or perhaps "specialized" components (gb.opengl.3dfiles ?,
gb.opengl.xxxx, ...).

Actually, i put some code from glxinfo to allow user to check for opengl
"capabilities" without opening an opengl context (like vendors, direct
redering, ...). It depends on X, but i guess think way to do can be ported to
other systems like mac os x, ...

jabber : lordheavy at ...298...
mail : lordheavym at ...394...