[Gambas-devel] Misc. win32 stuff

Brandon Bergren bdragon at ...185...
Mon Mar 28 23:39:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Brandon Bergren wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Daniel Campos wrote:
>

>>> I upgraded my working copy to 1.9.4. Most of the things that were working
>>> before still work OK. However, gb.gtk is now having trouble placing
>>> windows so they appear on-screen. :(
>>

>> Could you be more precise? I do not understand the "on-screen" term...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> D. Campos
>
> Yes.
>
> I can't find the window anywhere. I think it's putting itself somewhere
> outside of the viewport.  If I force the window to maximize itself (by right
> clicking on the taskbar and choosing Maximize), it appears, in the general
> location it should be, and the size it would normally be.
> (This is from testing blights, btw.)

And I just figured it out.

Instead of it being "not working", it's "working too well."

I looked at blight's win1.form, and, lo and behold, I saw this.

----
{ win1 Form
   Move(1110,80,480,47)
   Text = ("Blinkenlights")
----

Doh!

Since my screen is 1024x768, of COURSE it's putting the window outside of
my viewport.
I changed the Move line to Move(10,80,480,47) and, sure enough, it
appeared at 10,80.

Could someone check all the examples to make sure they have sane location
values?

Thanks.

--Brandon