[Gambas-devel] [Fwd: Problem with .component file]

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jun 7 12:31:55 CEST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 10:12, PV wrote:
> Well, I think I got it...
> The problem is just that in my case the Controls line shouldn't be there!
> ;) In fact, I thought that the Controls line was just a description of the
> elements contained in the library and nothing else, but instead actually it
> is used (at least) to create the toolbox: since my library doesn't create
> any "visual" components to be added to the toolbox, then no Controls items
> should appear in the .component file.
> Is that right?

Yes. This may change in the future, at at the moment creating non-visual
component can't be done out of the box.

> This component is almost finished (but I am planning to add also a base64
> class): Benoit, if you are interested in having it in Gambas, please let me
> know and I'll be glad to give my contribution to the project.

Publish it first, so that people can look at it :-)

Do you mean base64 encoding ? I will take the routine for a future "web" or
"cgi" component.

> Regards,
> Piero

mailto:gambas at ...1...